Tuesday, December 23, 2008

~ Egg donor is a BUST ~

Oh - another bump in the baby-making road. This one is kind of a biggie. The donor we chose has been working with another couple and we were to be next to get her eggs. Unfortunately, she did not produce very many eggs for the couple before us. We are not willing to take a chance the same thing will happen to us. So, we are cancelling our cycle with her. For whatever reason, this news hit me harder than most of the other bumps on this seemingly never-ending road. I had my 24 hour (or was it 48 hours?) pity party and like usual, am back in positive form- ready to try again.

Back to square one... trying to pick a new donor. My doctor and his staff assure me they are going to work very hard to find us a match as quickly as possible. I will know more tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Etc... to all of my friends and family. I hope to be cashing in on some of that promised babysitting time soon.

Mark reminds me of my very favorite thing to tell others - "Everything happens for a reason". He is right... again.

3 comments:

Julie's Blogger said...

Keep up the faith my friend.....I know you just want to go crawl in a ditch and call it a day, but please remember this two shall pass. You guys will be parents and great one, and when your child is screaming as loud as they can and you want to run to the bathroom and never come out you will look back on this and laugh. Please take care and know you can always talk to me. XOXO Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly, I will call you after Christmas and talk. I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, and I will keep you in my pray's. Tell your family hello.

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly.. Happy New Year!! I wish I could donate for you two I know that you are going to make fabulous parents and with all that your putting into this I have no doubts that your baby is on its way soon keep the faith..

Hugs
Crystal Carroll