Wednesday, December 10, 2008

~ Wow... has it really been six months? ~

It truly brings tears to my eyes realizing that it has been six full months since I have posted a new entry. Time passes much too quickly these days.

Where to begin....?

The past 6 months have been tough - I lost my lifelong friend Donnell in July, as well as my sister-in-law (from my first husband's family) Lisa in October. Both were much to young to leave this world. I believe they are both watching and will be helping me through this journey. They are missed every day.

Since my last entry, we attempted two more rounds of IVF - bringing the total for those who are counting to a whopping four tries and four negative pregnancy tests. We have come to the painful conclusion that my supply of eggs is getting low, actually they are just about gone. And, basically the ones left are just too old. This is so crazy to me - I still feel 25. So, after wrapping my brain around that one we are moving on to the next phase of 'Our Crazy Baby-Making Journey'.

Plan B... (or is it plan C?) Whatever - the next step is paying the big bucks to secure an egg donor. We have been spoiled up through this point with our phenomenal insurance paying for our IVF cycles. There is a limit however, and when you cross over into donor territory, they are not quite as generous. So, we have searched, inquired, grilled the doctors and then searched some more... and we found her! (More info about our donor to come in a later post.) We are scheduled to start with her in January - setting us up for our pregnancy test sometime early March. We are so very excited and hoping for twins now, more than ever. Much greater chance for twins with the donor's eggs and less risk of down syndrome as she is young.

So - that is where we are at for now. I am so hopeful that the new year will bring wonderful things... I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I'm so happy you're starting this up again. It's been an amazing journey, even if the goal hasn't been achieved as quickly as we all would have like. But the journey is what will make it so amazing when it happens. Your miracle is just around the corner, and I cannot wait until that day.