Thursday, May 8, 2008

~ Retrieval - not so many! ~

I am home from our retrieval this morning. My mom just left and I am supposed to be napping...

After making those 4 beautifully large follicles, my doctor was only able to find one lonely egg. I was so surprised and disappointed. That was the last thing I was expecting. I was prepared for only having one egg make it to the day of the transfer, but to start with one was a huge blow. So, now I wait to get a call in the morning from the embryologist to find out if our egg has fertilized. As long as it does, we are looking to transfer it back on Monday morning. My bedrest will start then and last through Thursday.

We arrived at the top of the hill in the rollercoaster- and it went straight down... The only way to go from here is up!

1 comment:

Julie's Blogger said...

Holly,
I remember this so well, remember I did this with both pregnancys. I would go in there and swear I had a bunch of eggs and they were huge and they would tell me only 1 and I would just sink in my table......it seemed like it took so many times of disappointment before we finally got those words that there were 3. Then that turned into 2 and that was our little Freddy and Maddy. Please keep the hope alive it will happen. I wish I lived closer to you so we could go to lunch or something. Always remember anything worth something is worth the fight,,I said that wrong LOL but you know what I mean.....I will keep you in my prayers.
Luv~Julie