Thursday, April 10, 2008

~ FERTILIZED ~

Well... it has been a long morning waiting for an update from the embryologist. She just called to report we have one egg that has been fertilized. She tried her best to get them both, but I guess one of the eggs just wasn't good. So we have one growing fertilized egg! She said normally, they will check on the embryos every 12 hours or so, but since we just have the one, they will not disturb it and give it some time to grow peacefully.

Although Mark & I had our hopes on twins, when she told me there was one - I was as happy as can be. At this stage, we are thankful to have one embryo to transfer on Saturday morning.

As of last night, we started the new injection and medications. The injection is progesterone that Mark has to give me in the butt - and it was a doozy! It is pretty thick and has sesame oil in it- so it felt gnarly going in... I assume I will get used to it, though, as this will be a daily thing until the end of my first trimester should I get pregnant this go 'round.

Trying to have a good laugh every day... I have to keep my sense of humor, otherwise I may lose my mind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark and Holly,

One golden egg, that is so awesome. I am sure it's a fighter just like you two. This is such great news. We will keep that one little egg in our thoughts and hope that it is indeed growing peacefully. You two hang in there an know that we are here for you.

All our love,
The Reyes Clan

Anonymous said...

Lord Please BLESS THAT PRECIOUS GOLDEN EGG!! Oh sweet Holly and Mark... You are In our Thoughts and prayers all the time..

We love you both !!! BE strong ..Holly you hang in there my sweet cuz.. sending you many hugs !!!

Love,Tara, Jim and Tressah xoxoox