Monday, April 7, 2008

IVF cycle ~ Day 13 ~


We're a go!

The 3 greatest words I have heard in the past 6 weeks... we're a go for egg retrieval. As I am sure you can guess, as soon as those words came out of the doctor's mouth I was crying. YEAH!!!!!

Today's ultrasound revealed not only our 2 strong follies, but the 3rd guy (Mini Me) has made quite a showing and almost caught up in size to the 2 biggies. That makes 3 mature egg follicles measuring over 18mm each and he spotted a couple small ones in my left ovary that are not to be given up on yet. So- tonight at exactly 11:15pm, Mark will give me the 'trigger' shot that will loosen those follicles from the walls of my ovaries and exactly 34 hours later at 9:15am on Wednesday, they will go in and grab 'em.

After the retrieval, the eggs will be placed with Mark's sperm in hopes that they will all fertilize. If all goes well, we will be transfering 2 or 3 embryos into my uterus on Saturday morning.

Now I have a whole new list of things to obsess over... Google- here I come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is so awesome. Vicente is sitting here with me reading the good news. My heart was reaching out for you all weekend and I am so gald you were able to share some good news today.

We are all keeping our fingers, toes, arms legs and eyes crossed for you. ;o)

We love you!
The Reyes Clan

Anonymous said...

Oh Cuz.. Prayers work.. I am so HAPPY ..Praise God!! Saying prayers that those little blessings stay healthy and all goes perfectly !!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers DAILY!! I LOVE YOU CUZ!!

HUGS MARK AND HOLLY!! Be happy and strong.. Think good thoughts!! :)

Your cuz,
Tara

~Sharon~ said...

I love reading your posts of your journey in this exiting time. All this medical technology is amazing to me and a blessing too. Reading this takes me back to when Garey and I were trying to get pregnant each time. There were so many emotions and ups and downs and the waiting... the waiting that just killed me, and then the moment you know for sure. I can't wait for you to experience it ALL Holly! The absolute best, best, best times of my life were when I was pregnant and having my children! More prayers for you tonight! YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Julie's Blogger said...

Holly,
Congrats, I know exactly what you are feeling! Excited but reserved but only think positively. This is going to turn out for you guys and I can't wait to continue the journey with you. God Bless

Julie