Friday, April 4, 2008

IVF cycle ~ Day 10 ~

Ahhhhh.... so happy right now!

Mark & I went to our dr.'s appointment this morning for another ultrasound. They were able to locate my left ovary this time (thankfully it is still there!), however there were no egg follicles there worth mentioning. So, back to the 3 follicles in the right ovary. As of this morning one was measuring 15mm, another 14mm and the third Mark has dubbed 'Mini-Me' is pretty small. So basically we are looking at 2 egg follicles. After checking my progesterone levels, we are moving forward with this cycle even though there are only 2 follicles. The doctor seems to think that this may be the best we are going to get.

Back for another ultrasound at 6:45am Saturday to make sure our 2 follies are still growing and to hopefully schedule the retrieval for Monday morning- YEAH!!! Like the doctor said- it only takes one fertilized egg if it is a good one... hoping for an egg like that of a 20 year old!

As I am certain you can guess- my emotions are everywhere right now. Mark is a saint!

2 comments:

~Sharon~ said...

Hang in there Holly. Mark was sent to you for a reason... remember that. He is your strength and no matter what happens be so very, very thankful and know you are blessed to have pure love of a man holding you up. Keep praying and asking for that baby... I believe it will be delivered to you both. I love you and am thinking of you.

Shay

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly and Mark !! I am Praying for you and those babies!!! I know that God has such a great plan in store for you both!!

Keep the faith !! Holly, take good care of YOU right now. Be happy and just know you are in Gods hands! Sending you all my love and Support!!

I am checking in daily to see these updates. I just know and believe these little miracles will be here soon! Hugs to you BOTH!!!

Your cuz,
Tara