Tuesday, April 1, 2008

IVF cycle ~ Day 7 ~

Went to the doctor for an ultrasound today... he was hoping for multiple egg follicles in each ovary - was only able to locate 3 in my right ovary. He couldn't find the left ovary at all... that can't be good. The follicles he did find measured 10mm. They can be retrieved when they reach 17-22mm each.

He is changing my medications a bit and hoping for the best. I will go back for another ultrasound Friday morning- looking for more follicles and hoping they are going to be huge.

The crying isn't as bad today- just a couple minor breakdowns. Nothing like yesterday. Things must be looking up!

2 comments:

Julie's Blogger said...

Holly,
It is Julie Smith (Richard). I feel your pain, we had to do some crazy stuff too and the meds made me crazy!!!!! But worth it, my twins were born 1/17. I pray you have the same success.

Anonymous said...

Mark and Holly,
Keep your heads up...you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Please open your hearts to your friends and family, we are all here for you!! Stay focused and take each and every day for what it is. You will soon look back at this process and say "remember". Love you lots...and lots....and lots!!!!!
Kim