Thursday, April 17, 2008

~ I couldn't wait... ~


I really tried to wait to take the at-home pregnancy test.... but at 1:30am this morning, with literally my first pee of the day, I couldn't stand it any longer. I waited the full 3 minutes before looking - and it said exactly what I didn't want to see. NOT PREGNANT.
Now- this should be a good lesson in patience for me. I know it is WAY too early to get a positive from an at home test- and yet I still did it. I am going to try to restrain from taking another until I actually go to the doctor for a blood test tomorrow. Yes, I did say tomorrow (Friday).... when I called the office to make my appointment for Monday, I asked if I could come on Friday instead (Miss Impatient) and the nurse actually said YES!!!! So- I have an appointment for a blood test tomorrow at 11:00am. I should have the results by the end of the business day. If it is positive, they will want me in the office again on Monday to check to make sure my hormone levels are increasing like they should.
The best thing I have to report is that since I was able to come downstairs yesterday morning (after a very long shower), I have been experiencing light-headedness. I just Googled (uh-oh... here I go Googling again) the early signs of pregnancy and light-headedness is one of the early signs of pregnancy. A bit of a reach- perhaps, but I am holding on to it to get me through until tomorrows results.
So, again- passing the time trying to distract myself.... the waiting IS the hardest part!

2 comments:

Julie's Blogger said...

Holly,

Oh I must have taken about 12 tests, no kidding and some would be not then still way to soon they were slowly showing 2 lines and I would show everyone and they would say no Julie you are reaching......but I told myself "no it is positive it just is not ready yet and I was right, if you feel like taking them constantly then do it I did and I think it helped me. Even when it said negative I would say it will change tomorrow.......good luck to you my friend.

God bless, Julie

~Sharon~ said...

Oooooh, the waiting IS the worst. I've done the same thing with all my pregnancies. I am reliving those moments just reading your post. It is like your eyes aren't really focused and you are waiting to see what YOU want to see. Be patient sweets. Tommorrow will come soon.